Mission 761i Speakers

Anyone heard these speakers? I can't find much info on them, but I have a pair and I think they sound great...any thoughts?
mezzrow

Here is some information on the 760i. Although I am not sure I would pay that much attention to the specs (except maybe impedance and sensitivity).

I should note that I own both the 731i and 760i. I still like the 731i a bit more (more lively, more forward and involving) and have been running it for 21 years now. I am not sure on the 761i (with the two base drivers), I expect them to sound quite a bit different - much lower crossover (4.5KHz in the 760i vs 2.8KHz in the 761i).

I tried many different stand speaker - still kept the Missions 731i over LS3/5s, KEF LS50, and Andrew Jones Elac Uni-Fi UB5.

Mission 761i Specification:
Freq. Response: +-2.5db: 70Hz-20KHz
Freq. Response: -6db: 55Hz
Impedance 8 ohms.
Sensitivity SPL 90 db for 1 W @ 1m.
Recommended Amplifier 25-100 watts.
Max SPL per Pair 103 db.
Drive Units:130mm LF Plasiflex (LF), 19mm Polymide FF Cooled (HF)
Crossover Frequency: 2.8Khz
Volume: 12.5 Litres
Dimension: 380 x 190 x 240 mm (H x W x D).
Weight: 13.5 kg

I just bought a pair of Mission 737s for one of my daughters.  I was always a fan of Mission speakers and they still sound great.  Upgrade the output caps (cheap and easy) and you will have a great time listening to these.
I remember them well - they have a tweeter in between 2 identical drivers and they have a really quick fun sound.

I've been looking for a pair to use as a Center for my Mission 753's, I'm using a single 760i at the moment.

Nice little pair of bookshelf speakers and the probably go for peanuts these days...
Hi, anyone can help to provide the technical specification for Mission 761i especially the Frequency Response +/-3dB, Bass Extension, Crossover Frequency? I can find information for Mission 761 but not for Mission 761i model. Thank you.
Here are PDF-manuals and spec-sheets for (discontinued) Mission speakers. Hopes this helps....

http://www.mission.co.uk/index1.htm
The Mission 761i were the previous model to the Mission 731i speakers. I heard them first in 1992, when they were being replaced by the 731 together with the rest of the Mission line up. I fell in love with Missions top of the line monitors at the time (the 751), which I bought several years later.

We still have have the 751s as our main speakers (see my system). Also we have a pair of 731i's in out second system. Both are wonderful speakers with a great midrange.

If you need some more info on the 761i, I have the manual that came with the 731i, which also includes the 761i speakers. I could send you a scanned pdf copy if you are interested.

Enjoy your Mission speakers.

Rene
I feel the same about some 765's I bought in 89,never heard yours,but they are very good even now as I compare them to my merlins,take care,Bob