Mcintosh MC500 Amp upgrade?

Hi guys new here and have a MC500 running threw a McIntosh 49 preamp pushing two B&W 801 N. What would be a good upgrade for my amp or should I stay with what I have, was thinking two MC611s? 🤔 

Thanks Matt 

skydog25

@skydog25  I upgraded from the 8900 to a pair of 611’s and it was a dramatic improvement.  I can’t compare the 500 to the 8900, but am guessing you would see an even bigger improvement from the newer tech.  

@skydog25 

I have a pair of 611s being fed by a C2700. The 611s are incredible, with outstanding bass and a beautiful midrange. My only itch to upgrade would be a pair of MC 1.25KWs and a C12000. 

When I auditioned the Macs, the only amp that I found close (within the price range) was the Luxman M10X. The Luxman had an ever slightly better midrange (a little more accurate) and more accurate highs, however, it could not match the bass of the 611's. I actually preferred the McIntosh midrange, which is warmer than the Luxman. 

Thanks for all your input guy's 👍  Sounds like it would be a big upgrade for my set up!! 

Thanks Matt