Mcintosh MC462 versus Luxman M10X

I recently bought the mcintosh mc462 along with the mcintosh preamp mc53. After experiencing the Luxman CD player DX03 DAC in the system, I am falling in love with the Luxman brand.. Am I doing the right thing switching the mc462 to a Luxman M10x? Any advice would be very helpful.. 

rman9

Showing 2 responses by erik_squires

@rman9  So glad you found what you liked!  Forgive me for not saying more, I did not want to bias you the wrong way before you made your decision.

Yeah, I'm with you in terms of the sound quality of one vs. the other.  The extension at the bass and treble, the liquid midrange.  I find the Magico line to be a bit cool to start with, and I couldn't imagine you liking a Mc sound with them.  Honestly to my ears Mc sounds brittle and gritty. The combination of smoothness and coolness in the treble in the Magico + the smooth output of the Luxman in the top octaves makes it an amazing combo. 

These amp brands sound so very different, that perhaps you are wondering if your hearing is accurate.  Yes, it is.  The difference, especially in the treble, is real. Pick the one you like better.