Mcintosh - Love Em' or Hate Em' ......Why?

I have owned new and old Mcintosh and loved my experiences with the product. Right now I have a MC-162 in my system and it sounds great! Very transparent and not too anylitical or fatiguing. It seems that everyone has such strong opinions about different Mcintosh products good and bad. I have had all positive experiences. I would like for people to share their opinions and experiences good and bad.
Ag insider logo xs@2xsquiddy
Perfect timing for this thread! I am considering MC440M, 6 ch car amplifier. Any one has opinion on their car amps? I have Classe Ca-400 for home and PPI amps for my other car.
Their car amps are very good. Actually that is what popped in my head when I read the title to this thread. I was not haapy when my CA dealer stopped carrying Mac. Cited the reason as Mac not being hip or cheap enough for the kiddies. I am not as impressed by Mac's home audio, but that is more competitive arena.
I sold 2 MC 352's and bought an mc 2000 I love it.
I sold my C42 and bought a C100 I love it even more.
My cat knocked my mcd 751 (I think that is the number) 5 feet onto a tile floor. Broke the face plate...but I still love it. Can't wait to get it back from Mcintosh. I have listened to a lot of equip but I have not been moved to change course. Current set up is ML requests, Ml descent sub mc 2000, c100, mc 751 cd with the mac dac. Mit 750 shotgun biwired cables and a dedicated circuit to power it all.

If you like what you hear then trust your ears and be happy. If you want what others tell you is good, save your money and get a good book.
Hey Gtejr - Welcome to the MC2000 club! It's a great amplifier however I have a local amp manufacturer who says he can do a modification to the power supply which will make the McIntosh MC2000 UNREAL! (apparently all McIntosh amps have an "old" and outdated power supply design).

While I have been tempted - I haven't not committed to doing the mod. I don't want to effect the value of the amp because I have a feeling that this one will eventually increase in price - there are only 559 of them in the world!!
Once you buy McIntosh you don't have to look back. Safe, secure, relaible, beautiful, and the sound is the kicker. Beautiful, sweet, warm music. Mc has been in my family for a very long time. No need for the upgrade bug with a Mc.