McIntosh Group purchased by PE firm

Highlander Partners out of Dallas TX

Link: https://wnbf.com/binghamtons-legendary-audio-equipment-maker-mcintosh-labs-sold/

Second time in 10 years they have been bought. Will be interested to see what this means…

osodelnorte

Just watch the YouTube build videos ,nice meters ,build quality vs value Waay over priced ,I have been into Loudspeaker modding personally myself, and knowing electronics and quality very well have owned a Audio store for 10 years ,

and working with Dan Modwright in the past know quality good or bad just by removing the cover , look at U.S made Coda for example of quality,and value,  much better built on every level  and 10 year warranty and very good sounding , but missing the pretty meters , I listen with my 👂 s,not 👁 👁 S !!

About 20 + years. 

PE is looking for profit and a multiplier then dump. These guys will own them for 7 years max money in on 3-5 

I'm surprised by the reactions - McIntosh has been owned by Private Equity prior to this transaction.

They've lived through a lot of owners and survived unscathed. I think they'll be ok.