McIntosh C2700: different volume for different outputs? (maybe a dumb question!)

I have a McIntosh C2700 preamp. Just got a power amp (MC275) that will run a pair of speakers. Maybe Klipsch Fortes. So, Output 1 = C2700->MC275->Klipsch speakers will be output 1.

By a weird set of circumstances I have a pair of ATC SCM 40A active speakers. Not a great fit to the C2700, but that's what I've got. I am planning to run output 2 to the ATCs, which will be in the adjoining room. Thus Output 2 = C2700->ATC speakers

My question: is it possible to set different volume levels for the different outputs? Neither the MC275s or the ATCs have volume adjustment, so I need to adjust volume via the preamp. Wondering if there's a way to do that via the C2700's controls

sweetjonnyp

Showing 1 response by yakbob

Is your goal to have independent volume control for both sets of speakers running at the same time? If so, your answer is likely no. At least I didn’t see anything about Zone B operation in the c2700 manual. I did own a McIntosh mx-120 that did allow for independent control in 2 zones.

If you only need to control volume for either set of speakers at a time (same listening session), then I don’t see why setting up the ATCs as output 1 or 2 wouldn’t work.

You may want to look into something like the McIntosh CR10 for total control. I have no idea if the CR10 wouldn’t impact the audio quality of your system.

http://www.berners.ch/McIntosh/Downloads/CR10_own.pdf