Mc 2301 amps

I am thinking of upgrading from 501s to MC 2301 amps

i haven't owned tube amps before and would like to know how much heat will the 2301 put out?   Will it be uncomfortable ?

also. Does any body know if they will be upgraded soon

thanks in advance
Ag insider logo xs@2xrichardallred
I've owned the MC 275 and it was pretty cool running and made no noticeable impact to the room temperature.    The same can be said for three VAC tube amps I've owned.   Part of it will depend on your room size.  Suggest you call McIntosh or Audio Classics to get their opinion.
Room size is 14.7 x 12.11.   I own Sonusfaber strads.  Currently using the 501s with c2300 pre amp.  So 500 solid state watts,. Mc2301 tube amps are 300 watts.  But I have been told they sound better with the strads.  I just want to make sure they won't be too hot for the room and that I won't be taking a step backward.  

Thank you you for you help
I haven’t owned MC2301’s so take my opinion with a grain of salt. I own a pair of 501’s and own an MC2012 and MC275. The MC2102 utilizes 4 KT-88’s. I believe each MC2301 utilizes at least twice that amount. In the summer months the MC2102 generated some heat. With prolonged usage the room warmed up considerably. In the winter, I welcomed the warmth, I live in NJ! It was part of the reason I went with the MC501’s. I get my tube fix with my C500T preamp. Good luck,
Mike