Master clock generator

I am thinking about buying the Aurender ap 20 with with a outboard clock and the esoteric ko3 xdse transport.

How would the components be connected together and how is the streaming signal from the aurender and the disc signal from the esoteric reclocked?

what sonic benefits are actually achieved with adding an external clock?

thanks

digitaljoseph

@digitaljoseph I realize you may not have purchased the AP20 yet. If you haven’t read my evaluation on it, you can find it here:

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/aurender-ap20-impressions

I still have it on my floor, and it is excellent. I also designed a simple system for a client pairing it with Vivid Audio Giya G3 speakers and he is enamored with the performance. Happy to chat with you about that as well. 

You will need a Mutec Reference clock as they have both 75 and 50 ohm outputs 

With the Esoteric K-03XD SE now having the Esoteric Master Sound Discrete Clock for Digital Player discrete clock module, I would suggest first evaluating the performance through break-in without an additional master clock.   I would also suggest the same for the AP20.   If you are primarily interested in the Aurender MC10 clock, I would hope your Aurender dealer would support an in-home audition or purchase return should the MC-10 not meet your cost/benefit expectations.   

I also like @oddiofyl suggestion for Mutec Reference clocks.   Even the lowest cost Mutec REF10 Nano has very good specs and offers both 50 and 75 Ohm outputs, 2 each.  The top of the line Mutec REF10 SE120 has even better specs and 4 more available 75 Ohm outputs.   Pricing on the Mutec models is also considerably less.