Mark Levinson 333.5 vs Emotiva XPR-1 Monoblocks

We are pushing Thiel 3.6 speakers with our dual-monaural Mark Levinson 333.5 amp. we are considering a switch to the Emotiva XPR-1 Monoblocks. Does anyone have actual experience with both the 333.5 (or 333) and the XPR-1's?

If not with the Levinson amp, then any experience vs. the XPR-1's with another higher end amp?

We have 2-30 watt receptacles ready for the job in hand. Also have 20 amp receptacles. Both services are on dedicated circuits.
levchappy

Showing 5 responses by audiolabyrinth

@ Levchappy, A wise decision on keeping the levinson 333.5 over emotiva amps!, Kudos, you may keep your user name here deservenly!, LOL!,, Happy listening!
Hi, Not that this matters!, I got offended when the emotiva rep compaired his xpa-1 mono blocks to Krell!, I will say this one time!, their xpa-1 monos will never out perform my krell 700cx amp, that is BTW, a mono amp design in one chassis!, case closed!, cheers!
This is getting good!, I agree with French Fries! uhh? @ French Fries, why did you post yes, Krell, as if Krell subject to bad reviews or something!, I have a Krell 700cx amp,however, It is at krell getting up-dated and renewed!, everthing, I am doing all that because you would have to spend a hell of alot more money by eany other brand to better this amp, they say the evo E amps are better, LOL!, they are so damn ugly I have not brought myself to go and listen to one, Ha,Ha!, I really do not have to have the best, just an amp that really makes me Happy, cheers!
@ french Fries, Hi, I love my Krell fpb 700cx amp!, sounds excellent to me!, one of the best mid-range sounds I have ever heard from solid state, the cx line is quite a different animal of a amp than the fpb, fpb-c amps all together!, seems better in every way, I owned an original fpb 200 years ago, I have only owned this 700cx for 14 months, I love this amp so much, I sent it to krell to be completly renewed in every way!, Its only 8 years old, I wanted to do it now why my family can afford to do so, instead of doing so a few years from now!,, cheers!