Marantz SA10 sacd player

I love this  player , after 3 yrs and 2 months I purchase it. It doesn’t read single layer sacd. It’s out of waaranty.So United Radio marantz authorize won’t repair it. Is this a common issue on this expensive sacd player?

128x128jayctoy

Sharri I agree. I bought used esoteric sacd from Music direct 3 months later it did not work? They refunded me. To pay them back with their good service. I bought the Ruby and Marantz sa10 total $9500 business I gave them.If my Marantz is within warranty I bet they will give me open box sa10. You see if they can’t find me to repair it that’s what they will do. Unfortunately my sa10 is one month and a half beyond warranty. Music Direct is a good company .

I’d have to look to be sure, but I think I got mine in the summer of ’20 and I’ve only had two anomaly’s. I bought a used red book MFSL copy of Linda Ronstadt/Simple Dreams on ebay and it would not recognize it. My previous red book Rega transport did recoginize it . . . I gave that copy away and bought another on ebay which my SA10 did recognize. In approximately four years, that was the only CD it would not read.

Then, and I don’t know how long ago this was, but probably easily over a year ago, I put a CD in and hit ’play’ and it made a horrendous digital static sound. I quickly stopped it, tried another CD , and it worked great. I cleaned the CD that it offended on, tried it again, no issues. That has never repeated.

Also, I bought one of those little carbon fiber discs that Herbies sells that fit over the top of a CD and are supposed to "make it sound better", and my SA10 didn’t seem to like it (made strange noises as it was trying to read it, but then after it could read it, it would play, so I quit using that Herbies CD thingy.

That’s really been it in four years. Knocking wood.

As an aside, my insurance policy arrived today. Prompt shipping. But I do think that considering what it was that they were shipping, they could have done a better job of packaging. I think they could have used a box with bubble wrap instead of a padded mailer.

While people can surmise that owners of SA-10 and Ruby have had laser issues and not post about them is fine. But it is not first-hand knowledge of such.

I have a friend who bought an SA-10 from Music Direct last year. Within a month it was at George Meyer for warranty repair.

He did not post about it.

No surmising involved. First hand knowledge of such.

EDIT: I don’t know George Meyer’s service policy for out of warranty Marantz components. Give them a call. 

My SA 10 it’s beginning to not even read redbook cd.Matthew congratulations now you will have peace of mind.Its just practical to have back up.Later they won’t be available.