Marantz SA 8260 Disc Error

I am on my second Marantz SA 8260 and have several discs that it simply won't read, or errors out on during listening. This is restricted to SACDs listening only--it is fine with Redbook CDs and the CD layer of SACDs.

It does appear to be consistent with certain SACDs (Peter Gabriel/Up and a couple of others), so I've discounted the hardware as being purely faulty. Nevertheless, it's a bit frustrating.

Anyone else with this problem, and if so, have you been able to isolate the cause?
128x128kjweisner
I've had more problems with my 8260 than any other piece of equipment I have ever bought.
Sns, no problem. But good to know that your player is fine now. Enjoy your music :-)
Milpai, sorry about the late reply. Yes, I had to send it back to the Chicago repair center, working fine now.
I had one disc that would not play, I replacede that disc with new one no problems at all.
Thanks for the responses, as well as the AA link. Sadly, this seems like a design/build issue and one I'll probably end up having to live with. Will keep me away from any future Marantz purchases, though.
I tried an 8260 this past summer from Archive Audio and had a similar problem and I sent it back. The player gave me "error" messages with any CD which had a navcom band (remember those)around the edge and it also locked up on my Telarc "Epics" SACD in the middle of the track. When I removed the disc it had some small liquid spots on the play side which weren't there originally. My experience was not good with this player so I purchased a Denon 2910.
Kjweisner,
Here is a link to a thread with similar issues:
http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/hirez/messages/220294.html
I have faced this issue with 1 SACD till date - Patricia Barber's Modern Cool (MoFi). The other SACDs that I have play fine on any layer.

Sns,
What s/w upgrades are available? Can the user do the s/w upgrade or do you have to send the player to Chicago service center? Are all your SACD/CDs playing fine now?
If you check past threads you will find that you need a new transport and software upgrade. I had to do this with my 8260.