Marantz SA-10 vs SA-KI Ruby

Hi all,

wondering if anyone one can explain what makes the difference in these 2 players? (Other than balanced outputs on the SA-10). 

MSRP difference is $2k...

Do people think they should sound the same?

thanks!
leemaze
These are state of the art transports but they still aren’t nearly as well built as they used to make them.
I can’t speak to a lot of the questions posed, but I have had a Pearl since it was first introduced (serial no 0017!) almost 11 years ago.   Wonderful machine: detailed and dimensional. It replaced an Arcam cd-36. I also have an Oppo 205. Neither of those machines, although they both sound good, come close. I just purchased a Ruby for another system. I should get it next week. I’ll report when appropriate. 

Everyone, stay safe in the pandemic. 
I have not heard the SA-10 but am very happy with my Ruby.  Running 20" IC to the matching PM Ruby integrated, doubt I am giving up much not having the balanced output.  In my mind the Ruby series is a great value.  Love the smooth, detailed, 3D soundstage.  This is a quality piece and a great value.  My only quibble with any of the Marantz gear is the micro display.

jgorin

I am looking forward in reading about the Pearl comparison.

Does Marantz still offer critical parts for Pearl?

Happy Listening!