Magico speakers too clinical and fatiguing?

A while back I was very enthusiastic about these speakers. They look nice and supposedly supposed to sound very nice. I’ve heard them a few times and the level of precision and accuracy is very good. But is there too much science going on to create the speakers that makes them at times a little uncomfortable to listen to for more than a few minutes.

Are modern age speakers going nuts with all the science?

emergingsoul

Interesting how he Absolute Sound raves about these speakers.  They must like the clinical, dry sound.  

Unless you hear Magico speakers in a dedicated listening room where every detail has been addressed you're probably not going to hear their potential. 

The first time I heard them was at dealership listening room in Chicago. I couldn't believe the amazing sonics from them. That demo was the best I'd ever heard music sound in my life! I was sure we were listening to more than one pair of speakers. I was sure there must have been a sub woofer also. I thought the amplifier had to be a tube amp. None of that was true. It was a Hegel integrated amp, very expensive Transparent cables, no expense spared in room treatments and a laser to help determine exact sweet spot listening position.

I spent years chasing what I heard in that demo and now have it. 

Hearing Magico speakers at a hifi show just isn't going to measure up to what they're capable of. If they sound clinical and dry the set up just isn't correct. 

I spend hours at a time listening to my rig. Sometimes my wife finds me sleeping up there. She wonders how I can fall a sleep with the music so loud? Well, it's me just wanting to hear one more album side or streaming tune because it sounds SO good!

A good buddy who has S7's and VAC 450iQ mono's/matching preamplifier told me that the relationship of amplification and speakers is reversed from long standing traditional thinking regarding Magico speakers. General consensus has been to spend twice on speakers as amplification. With Magico it's the opposite. Spend twice on amplification as what the speakers cost and you'll be on your way to getting it right.

Unless you hear Magico speakers in a dedicated listening room where every detail has been addressed you're probably not going to hear their potential. 

This is true of any good speaker. I'm shocked by what even cheap speakers can do when I put some effort into optimizing their placement in a reasonably well conditioned room. No, they don't sound like the Magicos, but they can do things I didn't think they could possibly do. I'd say 99% of the people who use them never know what they're actually capable of. With the cheap speakers, 99% probably don't care. 

I loved the original Magico Mini. A true masterpiece. The V series was also very good. Ever since they switched away from wood enclosures to metal, I completely lost interest. The sound is very capable for what it is just not my style. 

Yes and the earth is way too round for my personal preferences as well. Less science solves that no problem ( no pun intended).

Magico with right amp and set up well is pure heaven. It takes some science to figure those parts out. Random hunches are not the fast track to success.