Mac C2200 Vs Supratek Chardonnay/Syrah line-stage

Hi,
Has anyone compared the line stages(preferably with CD as source) of the Mac C2200 Vs Supratek Chardonnay or syrah. I am really interested to know the outcome. Which is better.

Thanks in advance,
Dylon
dilly
I have not heard the Mac, but I cannot imagine that a Mac would ever be better. The Syrah is very good, especially its phono stage, which you don't need. Actually my advise is neither but do use an active line stage.
Snook2's idea is good, but it's not the route I preferred. To each his own. I had an Opus 21 CDP that could run direct. I tried both variations and preferred using a preamp to running direct. The direct route was more transparent, but including the preamp made it more dynamic, musical and enjoyable. There have been a number of discussions on this board on using or not using a preamp.

The C2200 is a great preamp. I have not heard a Supratek. If you have access to it Hifi+ recently reviewed the C2200 and loved it. I actually use some of the features on the C2200, like the mono switch for older recordings.
If your just using the cd as a source why not forget about a preamp and get a cdplayer with volume controls. You will get much better sound for a lot less money. Audio aero cdplayer would be a suggestion