Lyra Atlas experiences

A few years ago, I invested in a Lyra Atlas cartridge / pickup. I have moved up, from Lyra Clavis in the early 2000s and Lyra Titan i later. The Atlas was expensive, but I have not looked back. Yet I wonder, can something more be done, to optimize the Atlas, in my system, and others. How can this remarkable pickup run its best. What are the best phono preamp and system matches. Should the system be rearranged. Have anyone done mods or DIYs to their systems to get the "reception" right? What happened? Comments welcome. You dont need to own a Lyra Atlas but you should have heard it, to join this discussion. Comments from the folks at Lyra are extra welcome - what is your experience.
Oystein
Ag insider logo xs@2xo_holter
I have never understood the "new battery" thing with the Foz.  Brand new 9V batteries are not uniform in their measurable voltage output, and they generally will be producing somewhat more than 9V when they are new, but the exact value varies between 9 and 10V.  (I once had to buy about 10 of them, and at that time, I measured each one right out of the box.) So, why would the Foz necessarily need a new battery, rather than a battery that makes nearly exactly 9V?  Used 9V batteries very often are producing 9V, exactly. Moreover, if used at a low current draw, they can go on producing 9V for a long time.  So there is something else going on here, in my opinion, unless the Foz draws a lot of current and just plain drags down a battery in a very short time.
Could we get this thread back on line please? The battery comment by lewm is off topic.

Recently I have been able to compare DSD recordings of the Lyra Atlas, to direct vinyl playback, using the Lyra Titan i (since the Atlas is broken). The Atlas recordings show that it is clearly a superior cart, although some of the difference may also reflect larger use of the Titan i - it is more worn. The Titan is certainly a very good cartridge, even if surpassed by the Atlas. The Atlas in more rounded, less "etched" and "hifi", compared to the Titan i, with a considerably greater "being there" effect. Lower noise from vinyl issues - less crack and pop - and more deep bass, giving a more realistic deeper embodied sound of vocals - are parts of the picture.
In an effort to rescue this thread and bringing it back to topic - any experiences to share with the Lambda versions of the Atlas, i.e. the Atlas Lambda and Lambda SL?

Considering moving back to a Lyra with the Atlas after some early experimentation years ago with Argo (i), Delos, Linn Kandid. 
I have not heard the Lambda versions of the Atlas (or other Lambda versions of the Lyra models). What I know, is that the standard Atlas that I got from Lyra in 2018, after an accident with the 2013 model I had before, sounds great, and works perfect, with zero problems so far. Just keep the stylus and records clean. Expensive? Yes, but for a daily joy for many years, it becomes worth it.

I took delivery of a Lyra Atlas Lambda SL about a week ago. I have about 35 hrs on it now (I can’t be dragged away from it….LOL). I waited five months from the time I ordered.

I am using this with a Clearaudio Ovation and Universal arm, with a Naim Superline/SupercapDR phonostage into a Naim 252/SCDR/300DR with Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinum speakers and a pair of REL S/510. 

At the moment I am tracking it at 1.65 gr, and I have been tossing back and forth between 453Ω and 470Ω for loading. I think anything much less than 453 will be dull and 500+ might be too lively (560 has been recommended to try). I mostly listen to jazz and classical and I tend to like 470Ω better so far for most jazz, but some classical sound better at 453Ω. I think the latter because some classical (especially late-70s and later DGs) were mastered too bright. Karajan’s awful influence maybe. 

I’ll think I’ll start adjusting VTF a little and see what that does, but at the moment I can live with it all the way it is. 

This cartridge is truly delicious and very special. I was using a Dynavector XV-1s before. The Lyra has everything good it had but takes everything to a new level of nirvana. What an amazing accomplishment.