Lyngdorf TDAI-1120 Curious

Hi guys, I've been toying with idea of checking out the Lyngdorf 1120, and wondering if I do go ahead, of how/best way to integrate it with my current system.

Currently, I stream from my Innuos Zen Mini Mk3, in Roon Core mode, to my DAC vis USB, out to my integrated amp

These are the options I can think of:

1/ Simply replace my current integrated with the Lyngdorf, with same set up for the Innuos and DAC, feeding the Lyngdorf via RCA analogue inputs

2/ Replace integrated, and DAC; use Innuos as Roon Core still. Use Lyngdorf as Roon Endpoint via house Ethernet network, not directly connected to the Innuos, and as my integrated amp

3/ similar to 2, but use Lyngdorf as pre-amp, and my current integrated as power amp (this would then, I think, exclude the use of the pre-outs of the Lyngdorf to utilize them as subwoofer outputs, and the units sub/bass management, which is one of the pros for me for the Lyngdorf, so maybe not feasible)

The draw for me to the Lyngdorf is the room correction (weird room), and the bass management. I only stream by the way, and only via Qobuz

Thoughts and suggestions humbly received 🙂

Thanks guys

128x128painter24

What DAC are you using now?  Option 1 seems suboptimal as the Lyngdorf would re-digitize the analog signal from your DAC that just adds another conversion step. The simplest and most direct path is to use the Lyngdorf as a full integrated and run the digital signal direct into it and use its internal DAC.  Sometimes simpler is better, but you could obviously compare this setup to option 1 and see what you prefer.  Best of luck. 

@soix thanks for this, yep it does seem unnecessary to re-digitise the analogue signal out from my DAC (it's a Cen.Grande dsdac 1.0 Standard, it converts PCM to DSD, like one of the PS Audio DACs).

I think if I go for the Lyngdorf, I go all in and use it as amp and DAC, although I believe it's not a true DAC in the sense of having a DAC chip or FPGA chip), with the Innuos as Roon Core.

That would mean my SS amp and my DAC would be redundant. I suppose I could sell them on