Luxman M-600A

I am thinking of switching to this amplifier. Anyone share any experiences? I have a Pass XA30.5 now. Also, where to possibly hear one or get one? Thanks
tpk123

Showing 8 responses by audioblazer

Rick, audiofilth always felt that he is the only person who knows how the listen and the rest are inexperience .
He should stop typing and start selling " I knw analog " . If we know analog we should learn how to response respectfully.
Appropriate, for words that come out from his mouth is nothing more than filth. Check his postings. Nothing positive to said , all high and mighty words as though he is the only person who " I know analog". Full of filthy words. Since he things that he is the official police man of audiogon, I shall appoint myself as the official sweeper of filth fr audiofilth. If a person don't knw how to respect others he doesn't deserve to be respected
Pinkus, Isnt audiogon a forum for any members to voice their opinions? Granted that he may have more experience that a lot of us, does it mean that he has to be rude and disrespectful in most of his postings? What make u or him thinks that we are inexperience when he doesn't even know who we are? Isn't that been judgemental in making crude remarks abt our experience?
Yes he deserve a break if he give posters a break when they are merely voicing their opinions . Isn't freedom of speech something American are proud of? U can even belittle your own president in the name of freedom of speech but can't respect other pple opinion? Isn't this ironical ? Post respectful and I am sure the response will be respectful. Hifi is merely a hobby , so let's enjoy it and be happy. Leave the sarcasm to politicians
Pinkus, poor audiofeil has to deal with this highly opinionated , but oft ille informed clientele to make a living?

Correct me if I m wrong . Isn't it easier for dealer to make a living out of ill- informed clientele? When I got into audio I started with a cheap set up of RM6700 ( my currency) to RM100k+ within a year. I was so gullible that I accepted whatever accessories my dealer throw to me, so much so that every component is on a BDR footer. Yes I was ill-informed , gullible and trusted and it was easy to make money from me simply because I m excited with my new found hobby and I can afford. Today , after 4 yrs into the hobby it's not that easy to make money from me. I search the Net , I buy direct from manufacturer if they don't have a dealer in my country eg I bought my Reed 2P direct at easily 30-40%cheaper than thru dealer. I bought a multichannel amp Halcro MC5 brand new at close to 50% of retail price from audiogon .
So pinkus , it's good for dealers to have ill-informed pple like me so that it's easy to make money from us
Chasas1, I have a different opinion. Because of audiogon and internet, I purchased bryston bda-1, lessloss cable, halcro MC5 etc, ortofon a90, dynavector xv-1s, tron seven reference, Bottlehead Tube repro etc etc products which I dont have the opportunity to demo in my country but I purchased due to the awareness and interest created thru website like audiogon. Therefore, I would say the awareness created thru audiogon may help dealers. However, it certainly would not help obnoxious dealers who are frustrated and resort to posting in audiogon to vent their frustrations. Posting respectfully begets respectful response.
Happy listening
Chasas1, I thought my posting was clear. I bought all the stuff I mentioned on my previous posting thru dealers due to awareness and interest created thru audiogon and internet.
Due u think ipad and iPhone will be so selleable if not because of awarenss and interest created thru internet?
Likewise I thk audiogon can help dealers as well. Off course if dealers try to sell their stuff at full retail price than it will be a problem for them
Chasas1, english may not be my mother tongue but I don't think what I have written is ambigous and deemed to be instructing dealers how to do their biz. Jeez is my English that bad that some of us can't understd what I wrote?
Yes I benefitted from internet and audiogon and it's enable me to scout for new or preowned stuff at a discounted. Internet has definitely revolutionize purchasing habits and create awareness and interest that was not there if not for Internet and forums like audiogon. I wouldn't have buy stuff like ortofon a90, dynavector x-1vs , tape project stuff if not for the posting I read in forums. Yes , it does cut dealers margin. Tell me which industries has improve the margin of dealers and distributors? I m in the financial services industry . 24 yrs ago when I join the industry the commission was 40-50% more than today's comm. Howevr due to consumers awareness fueled by technology changes and Internet explosion, the volume of biz done is more than 10x 20 years ago. So my margin is lower but I m earning more due to the bigger volume generated. Likewise dealers can't expect margin to be 50-60% of retail price with the choices available to purchasers today and awareness created thru Internet. I m sure some dealers are doing better today - value added services definitely would help some dealers to do better. Certainly it wldnt help by postings rebuttal on other pple opinions sarcastically