Luxman L 505 U Integrated Amplifier

HI to Everyone
I am intending to buy LUXMAN L505U from Japan. I will also
need Step Up Power Converter. Which one is good or I can buy any. Does it going to affect sound or internal parts.
Does somebody have experience with the electronics from Japan.
Also, is it true that L505U sound much better than
McIntosh MA6500
Thanks in advance for any comment.
kiza
Japanese hv the reputation of reserving better parts/technology for their local set. Have had the experience of opening up 02 units of marantz amps and indeed transformer for local 110v set is much larger...guess u just need to take care of a good step up transformer and u r done.
Your better off going with the higher priced Luxman L550 mk2....it is a much better Integrated amp! Did you see the Absolute Sound review on the L550 mk2....they were comparing this amp to a Mcintosh c46 pre-amp and a Mcintosh mc402 amp and it sounded just as good as his high priced Mcintosh Reference gear...! Talk about.. "BANG FOR YOUR BUCK"..!!
Depends on your associated gear as well. I had a Luxman 550 A-Mk2. Itx 30 watts x 2 (although more like 70 watts x 2) may not be sufficient for some speakers. I have a McIntosh 6300 now and it drives my B&Ws much better. Also worth mentioning is that contemporary Lux gear does not sound like Lux from the 70's and 80's. Although there is a resemblance if the vintage sound is what you are after you may be disappointed.
I had Luxman L505U and I can tell that NAD M3 sound much
better. Unfortunately Luxman is now just a name, nothing
even close from 70' and 80'.
Check out the other discussions here on Luxman.
This has all been addressed before.

Quick take:
Any service needs to be done in Japan.
High markup here in N. America.
Transformer had no effect on sound.
Quality of unit almost precludes any warranty work.
Those are the upsides.

Peace of mind=patriotism and fealty to middle man.
That's the downside.

Your choice.