Luxman 590AX II Break-In

Hello all, and happy holidays,

To those with experience, how many hours of a break-in are necessary to make the Luxman sing? I have about 175 hours, and my bass is less than stellar. Also, there is not a luscious midrange (yet). I have read epic reviews but have not experienced that thus far. What should I expect over time? Getting a little worried!

Thanks!

128x128jeffreyw

Showing 2 responses by yyzsantabarbara

@jeffreyw I was reading a post of yours when I was researching the Luxman M10X amp. I am looking for an amp for the KEF Blade 2 Meta and was thinking of the Rotel Michi M8 mono. It was suggested to me to check out the M10X over the Michi by a former Michi owner. I know the Luxman m900u and did not think it had enough to properly drive the Blades. Though the new M10X is supposed to address that.

The post of yours that piqued my interest was your comment about your dealer preferring the Rotel Michi to the Luxman gear and that that dealer sold both lines. Have you heard the Michi line?

When I auditioned the Luxman gear for a potential KEF Reference 1, I was considering the 509x integrated but the m900u was so much better.

The other amps I am considering for the KEF Blade are the CODA #16, KRELL KSA i400, Luxman M10X, and the Rotel Michi M8 monos.

The KRELL XD lineup is maybe something for you to checkout if the Luxman does not work out. The KRELL Dou 175XD (sold) was great with my KEF LS50, though I suggest the KRELL Duo 300XD for the Reference 1 Meta.

Krell DUO 300 XD For Sale | Audiogon

The m900u (and I am sure the M10X) has way more current than the 509x. I had the same observation when I heard those 2 with Harbeth (I was looking to buy KEF Reference 1). Dealer told me it is the power supply in the m900u that is the making that huge difference. I would look at buying a used m900u at $9K or less over the M10X. Your Reference 1 will sing with the m900u at a much lower cost and likely sound the same with the Reference 1.

I was discussing the Michi and Luxman M10X with someone who owned 2 Michi’s and the new Luxman integrated. His observations mirrored yours, I crossed the Michi off my list for my KEF Blade 2 Meta. I am now down to KRELL XD (3 models) and CODA #16 for the KEF. I dropped the Luxman M10X because it may not have enough current compared to the KRELL and CODA. I know it is not better sounding than the 2 under consideration. Just slight variances in sound.