Luxman 509x vs Hegel H390

The shortlist is mainly coming down to these two genuinely great amps.

What sets them apart in SQ overall & how would you describe the sound signature for each one.

chaseton

Just some updates on the recent Luxman 509x purchase. In addition to the most rewarding musical communication and deeply satisfying sound quality, the 509x has the highest WAF of all the audio components owned thus far. Something so reassuring about the tank like construction and impeccable build quality. Now, I did have the chance to listen briefly to a 590axii recently, this class A amp probably would have a serious contender if the 509x was unavailable to purchase. 

As for the money saved with the purchase of the 509x, had figured approx. $12k and ended up spending under $8k for it. With the saved money, I said what the heck and took up the offer of a very attractively priced Esoteric F-07 from a colleague. Took some bargaining before the we sealed the deal and the F-07 has been in the backup audio system for just over a week now. 

So far I have been convinced it is just a waste of time to try and pick winners or argue which is better of the two.  Instead I consider what music genre plays better on either with their individual strengths in mind and the mood at the time. I was really fortunate to arrive at two great integrated amps in this recent project. For most anyone that is making a decision on "the" one amp , let your ears tell you what you should buy, be open to all options and most of all be prepared to be surprised. For me I had my sights set on a Moon 600i before hearing the Luxman 509x and next wondered how this amp was never on my radar before. 

I will end up by saying Blues and R&B has never sounded better to my ears than with the recently acquired Esoteric F-07. Whereas the Luxman 509x is the all around music virtuoso. 

There’s a plethora of fine integrated amps out there. These chat rooms are nice for others providing suggestions, sharing their knowledge and experiences with some of the units that they had exposure to. I use and, I'm madly in love with an Hegel H590 integrated, which beautifully drives my Revel Salon 2 speakers. I purchased the H590 unheard base upon it’s reputation alone. I got lucky and ended up very happily keeping the H590. The H590 was a perfect match for my speakers/system is why I held onto it and didn't continue my search.  It’s impossible to bring in all the wonderful integrated amps that you desire to your home for audition. Ya have to keep digging and searching until you find the perfect unit to your liking is all.

Wouldn't it be a more correct comparison between the Hegel H590 and the Luxman 509x? As they both are the top offerings integrated by the two companies. Also similar in price.