Luxman 509X, 590AXII, or Gryphon Diablo 300 for B&W 802d3

Hello All and Happy Holidays,

As the title states, I am exploring an integrated for my B&W's. I would like to get some insight as to your experiences with the aforementioned. I do enjoy a "tubey" midrange and also love my bass (a lot)! The top end is not as important to me. I only do digital and hope to utilize a tube DAC (maybe AudioNote). There is something magical about class A, but can the 30 watts of the Luxman do an adequate job in taming the B&W's?

As far as Gryphon, the reviews are legendary. I have heard Luxman some years ago and it was quite engaging. However, I am having struggles auditioning the Diablo. Please advise on the strengths and weaknesses. I hope to make this my last purchase for many years (at least, I hope!).

128x128jeffreyw

Showing 3 responses by jeffreyw

I have considered the Pass Int-250, unfortunately, I can't find a dealer anywhere near me. I know it has received many accolades for performance. 

I have not considered Audionet. I am actually totally unfamiliar with the brand, unfortunately!

Mouirnbladeiv,

I have heard the Michi product line is getting traction with B&W. The product appears to offer a great price/performance ratio.