Lumin U2 vs Aurender N200

I’m looking to upgrade my streamer from a Bluesound Node 2i.  My DAC is the module that comes in the McIntosh MA 8950. 
I curious about others experience with these two streamers.  How they may differ. 
currently I’m using Tidal but would change it SQ could be improved.  I thing the interface with the Node is decent.  
Thanks for any feedback.  

128x128john1629

Showing 2 responses by papafrgog

I have not listened to the Aurender units, but understand them to be high quality. My Mac MB100 was decent, but continually a source of issues.  I gave up on it and purchased a new Lumin U2 (not a mini).  The external power supply makes a significant difference in SQ. My DAC is an Aesthetix Romulus Ecplise with Telefunken NOS tubes which produces a nice analog sound (my preference). The quality of the DAC will make or break the SQ of any new streamer, IMO. A high-quality USB connection made a noticeable difference in SQ over single ended and digital coax.

Other observations- yes @lordmelton - the plate above interconnects is a PITA. The Lumin remote app takes some practice, although I don't know how it compares to the Aurender interface. Lumin has timely firmware updates, which install seamlessly.  I connect with both Tidal & Quboz, SQ between the two on my Lumin is comparable.

Good luck

@audiom3 The U2 doesn't have an external PSU.  It has a built-in linear PSU.

Right you are.  My unit is the Lumin U1.