Lumin U2 vs Aurender N200

I’m looking to upgrade my streamer from a Bluesound Node 2i.  My DAC is the module that comes in the McIntosh MA 8950. 
I curious about others experience with these two streamers.  How they may differ. 
currently I’m using Tidal but would change it SQ could be improved.  I thing the interface with the Node is decent.  
Thanks for any feedback.  

128x128john1629

Showing 2 responses by milo0812

@john1629 buying new equipment is so much fun, so congrats. you got some very good posts with good info. here's my thought. I have heard both the N200 and the Lumin U2. @ghdprentice is die hard Aurender guy for good reason. It is still the best SQ experience for the price range. Amazing sound. Lumin is good but not anything like the Aurender. That said, I agree I think you need to upgrade with a new DAC, considering a used A series Aurender (A200, A10) would solve that problem and not break the bank as badly. Their units have great internal DAC. happy hunting!

@vonhelmholtz Great thought on the upgrade path. My thought is @john1629 could avoid a double hit on purchasing both a DAC and a streamer now, and as he improves his system he may want to move up the line on an even better DAC or streamer. Buying a used A200 gives him a significantly improved experience for less money. Allowing more money for other tweaks in the shortrun. The good and bad news is, John has so many choices. So many toys so little time.