Lumin U2 or Aurender N200

Looking for thoughts on these two streamers: Lumin U2 and Aurender N200.

I’m fully aware of the limitations and features from UI and Roon integration to design concepts and implementation (power supplies, caching, display, etc.)

Hoping to hear from those who had compared these two streamers. I’m also absolutely not interested in hearing from “it’s all 1s and 0s” crowd - this isn’t that forum and I kindly ask you to please stay out of this discussion.

Thanks and Happy Holidays to you all!!!

128x128audphile1

Showing 5 responses by ghdprentice

OP,

Thanks for reporting your results. I’m very happy to hear your results. 

I have two Aurrender and have had the Grimm in my system, and listened to Linn in several systems. So… that kind of gives me a feel for things. I have not heard the Lumin… I had eliminated it via extensive research.  I also owned a Aurlic Aries G2 for about a year… not in the same league.

I think I would put it this way, all are good at their respective prices… organized by best sounding first: Aurender N20, Grimm, Aurrender N200, Linn. Aurrender has the lower noise floor and a a more natural treble. It is important to have a DAC that is up to the task, so you can benefit fully from the sound quality of the streamer.

I have two Aurrender and auditioned others. I research Lumin and went with Aurrender… I have also owned a Auralic Aries G2 and auditioned in home, Grimm, Linn. I love Aurrender… it is all they do and includes the very best streamers, great and quick customer service.

A couple times I went to play a Quboz album in my library and a dialog box came up saying “15 songs (all) were no longer available would I like to remove them from my library?” I said no, and it went on to play them all. 

Conductor works well on the iPad as the OP says. This version of conductor is very new… a month or two, so it still has some bugs… fortunately I haven’t run into any of them. But there is enhanced access to cover art and album info… which over time as the data gets populated will get rid of the problem created when the art of vinyl was reduced in size, to be too small… on an iPad it looks great. Also, I think it is better for discovery as well. It is getting better.