LPS for Optical Network Terminal (ONT)

We have fiber coming into our home with a Nokia ONT/Router combo and I want to add a LPS for streaming. The ONT presently has a wall wart providing  12V, 3A to power it.  Can I  just splice in a standard   US NEMA   plug to the existing wire for connection to a LPS, or, do I need to purchase some specific wire  (which already has an ONT connector) to go  between a LPS and the ONT ? 

I know this sounds extremely simple but I just want to make sure the rewiring doesn't screw things up due to my overlooking something obvious.  I can be very good at overlooking the obvious   😥

Thanks for any insight,

brskie

Thank you Mitch. I am trying to reduce any noise that may be coming through the electrical service grid in town as I am in the process of demoing some higher end DACs.

I guess you can see where my confusion is coming from. I appreciate your help though

Bruce

Get an ifi Power adapter for any networking gear you are concerned might be putting noise into your AC line. No kludging necessary

I would only worry about this if your network gear is physically or electrically near your audio gear though.  My front-end modem and router are excessively protected against surges and have a UPS to keep my networking running even when the power is out, but I reserve the ifi adapters for anything actually in my HT rack, which has about 40' of Ethernet between them.

@brskie ,

I am interested in your project, too. I have Fios with an ONT that, if possible, benefit from a LPS, but never considered it until now.

I was going to add a LPS to the router, but your method makes more sense.

Bob