low frequencies

Hey all, Running a pair of Thiel CS2.4 floor standing speakers and the bass is only sounding best when i'm not seated and in a rear corner of the room such as is where the equipment rack is. Is their a tradeoff in other areas of the sound quality to get more low frequency at the seated listening position?   

velocityofhue

Try putting the speakers about 3 feet from the back wall and about 8 feet apart with the listening position about 8 feet from the center of the 2 speakers. What size is the room?

mlsstl , I really appreciate the valuable information. As with everyone else's shared experience and advice. I've not moved the cabinets closer to the walls yet. I'll try this out! 

As far as placement. The speakers are 30 in. from both the rear and side walls and 7ft 1/2 feet spaced apart from each other. (straight ahead currently , no toe-in) Room dimensions are 12ft 1/2 wide 18ft length 8ft ceiling . Thick carpet, curtains and couch. 

That is a good size room and it looks like you have them on the short wall so placement looks good. How far is the listening position from the imaginary plane between to 2 speakers? I know this might sound silly, but double check to make sure both speakers are hooked up in proper phase.

I have a pair of Thiel 2.4 in my second system. They were in my main system for a few years. I have owned them for a very long time and have had them in 4 rooms with at two different houses. The Thiels have great low bass extension and texture. Mean really good. But it is tuned flat so not boomy at all. Typical HI-Fi turned bass.  

this is 100% a room issue. Try pushing the speakers back so the driver face is 24” off the front wall. The sound stage will still be fine and the bass will be impressive. At that point if you can move your chair around until the bass sound good, sit there. 

the key is: those speakers, in that space, at that location

I suggest: Get thee a simple Sound Pressure Meter, tripod, set at ear height at listening position

https://www.amazon.com/BAFX-Products-Pressure-30-130dBA-Warranty/dp/B00ECCZWWI/ref=sr_1_4?crid=1BZ6BV6ZMIG39&keywords=sound+pressure+meter&qid=1686325343&sprefix=sound+pressure+meter%2Caps%2C73&sr=8-4

next a test cd with individual tones. Note: I scanned several Stereophile Test CD’s, others, none of them have the full range of frequencies this test disc has (29).

https://www.discogs.com/release/7290000-Various-Amazing-Bytes

you will know how flat of a frequency response your speakers are producing, IN That Space, AT that location.

Next, try new positioning and different toe-in, measure the differences.

Amazing Bytes is hard to find, and expensive, I can find a used copy if interested.