LOUDEST Concert and Tinnitus

This is a two part question.

1. What is the loudest concert (or event) that you have attended?

2. How long have you had tinnitus, is it getting better or worse and how are you dealing with it?

Personally, the loudest concert was UB40 at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre in Vancouver. Loudest event was drag racing at SIR (Seattle International Raceway) which was like sticking your head in a jet engine.

Regarding tinnitus. Over the past year or so I have noticed a constant high pitched "sound" in my ears. Mostly the left ear. At this point I don't actually know if it is constant or whether I just forget about it sometimes. I know use a white noise box when I go to sleep. Otherwise I tend to fixate on the ringing.

128x128tony1954

Loudest ever was Van Halen in Boulder in the seventies. However, no tinnitus until 2 years ago when I stood in Redrocks amphitheater for a 4 hour show from Umphrey's McGee. One of the best concert ever but the length of the loudness did me in :( 

Loudest I have been to was a Rush concert... I plugged my ears with tissue paper.  The show was OK but not even that great, and the volume and the whole thing made me wished I had stayed home... it wasn't enjoyable.

As for tinnitus: excellent hearing aids can actually help diminish, and possibly even diminish, tinnitus because they re-train your brain to attend to all the other sounds you can now hear besides the tinnitus.  ...   you should look into that research.... 

The Plasmatics at the Whiskey A Go Go back in the early 80's. My ears rang for a week. Luckily the ringing went away.

@macg19 

I know what you mean about that Who show in Vancouver. I was there.

Was that their 1st, 2nd or 5th farewell tour?

Sorry to hear about your friend. I can certainly understand how it would escalate to that point.

I had a lot of ear aches when I was young and it is the same scenario.

Both are unrelenting and unescapable.

@tony1954 That's awesome! I'm not sure what number though.

Thanks for the kind words.

unrelenting and unescapable

100%