Looking forward to reviews of this new Yamaha 5000 series stereo amp when it hits the US

It will be quite expensive, along with the new Pre and TT, but if it sounds anything the the S3000 integrated, it will be a winner. Plus, it's pretty to look at as well

https://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/audio_visual/hifi_components/m-5000/index.html
aberyclark
It looks like the straight pickup arm on the companion GT-5000 turntable is truly straight, with a zero-degree offset angle. Very odd! The are other arms that use zero offset (such as the ViV Labs), but I've never listened to such an arm. Does anyone here care to chime in with first-hand experience on this type of arm?
I have owned many Yamaha amp / preamps in my time, probably too many to count ( yes, the higher end units ). As a large company with the engineering and manufacturing capability possessed by them, I am sure these will be great. My biggest problem with amplifiers such as this one, and common to Japanese products, are the speaker switching capability. I have bypassed many in the amps that I have owned , and it always made a significant sonic improvement. You will never see a Krell, AR, Pass, etc. with speaker switching. I feel it is not needed. Need sound in another area, get another small amplifier to do that with. Just my thoughts. Enjoy ! MrD.