Looking for SACD player............

I’m replacing my Marantz SA8100. Looking at new Marantz SA8500. Anything else new or used  in that price range I should be looking at? Thanks.
128x128tpreaves
I agree the oppo 105D is great unit that does many things well. However I need a player for one single purpose only. For 2 channel stereo playback. 
That is PRECISELY what I do with my Oppo 105.  No multi-channel, no movies.  The days are long gone where a multipurpose spinner has to be inferior to a dedicated two-channel system.  I play two-channel CDs, SACDs, and Flac files on a USB stick.  
I would wait til the Fall when the new players are available. There is a new Sabre DAC  that is supposed to be much better than the current one. Oppo has a standalone DAC that will use it and I suspect their new players will too.

tubes444

hifiman5 is R-ON> Marantz SACD 8005 can not be beat unless you spend triple the BUCKS. Even them its splitting HAIRS.

I belong to a Audio Club. Did side by side with (3) CD players other brands in the $3,9 to $ $5,700 range. running thru same Pre-A & Amp& Planer with Sub woofers.

Double blind test. 3 out of 5 of us. Picked the SA-8005.

Bigger Bucks don’t always equate to always the best sound..

@tubes444 Amen!  In fact one of the most satisfying parts of our hobby can be finding those pieces of gear that perform well above what their lower price point would lead you to believe possible.  Hence the delight in the Marantz SA 8005.