Looking for integrated solid state amp for daily usage

I love the sound of my tube amps, but I need an amp powered on all day every day (like 16 hours per day) for my nearfield desktop setup with JBL 4309 speakers (using directstream mk1 dac).

I have tried a Schiit Aegir and a Schiit Ragnarok, but didn’t like either compared to my cheap tube amp and expensive tube amp. They just seemed boring and dead to me.

So I’m looking for suggestions on a beautiful sounding solid state integrated amp that sounds big and engaging as much like a tube amp as possible, if one even exists. I don’t want a tube preamp with a solid state amp.

I listen to a lot of music types from classical to jazz to classic rock.

I’d like to keep the price under $3k if possible, used is great. I’ve heard Accuphase and Luxman are really good, but price seems to be more than $5k for those.

retroactiv

retroactiv

Check out an AYRE integrated amp. Keep me posted on your purchase decision.

Happy Listening!

Hegel H190. New ones can be found for about $2,800 if you search a bit (I found it at 2 sites), down from $3,900. Built in streamer and DAC (that is pretty good), 2 x 150 WPC, RCA and XLR analog inputs, good number of digital inputs, very highly regarded affordable integrated.....check out the hundreds of positive reviews.

I own both the NAD Masters M33 and the Krell K300i.   Both are excellent and well built.   The NAD is a bit more friendly as it also has a Blue-OS streamer built-in whereas the Krell requires an external streamer (Innuos Mini Mk3).   Sonically the Krell is magic and sounds to me a lot like a tube amp, warm, musical, and bass control that is super tight and deep.   I don’t think you could go wrong either way.