looking for ideas on a tube pre amp

I recently purchased a new pair of Focal Sopra #3 speakers and would like to try a tube pre amp with them. My main listening speakers have been Magnepan 20.1s with upgraded x overs for several years I purchased the Focals mostly to give my listening room a breath of fresh air even though I doubt I will ever part with my Maggies. I am currently using the Parasound JC2 preamp with the JC1 amps and mostly XLR cables so it would be nice to have a pre with XLR connections, I have been looking at the Audio research pre amps it would be nice to from someone that has tried several pre amps, I am giving myself a budget of about $2500. 
jeff99
Vincent SA-T8. The most musically involving Pre-Amp for the money I've heard and then some. Fully balanced, it has sublime dimensionality and an ability to draw you into the music like few others.
BAT VK31se is good one also BAT VK3i. All good at any price range especially with solid state balanced amps -- near-perfect match indeed.
Lots of choices, I contacted Atma Sphere about the MP 3. The BAT is also interesting, I think I am going go with the Atmas Sphere they are only a few miles from me. I will be retiring overseas in a few years and they will change the voltage for me. All of my audio gear will be going with me I have no intention of letting any of it go.
Hello Jeff Try a Single ended preamp .a Direct Heate Triode preamp as they are called .i can tell you one thing if built right 
they are very quiet and fantastic on detail Nine purer 1 stage only
tat is why they are called  Direct  if you may be interested send me your email I will get you a few pics of my build all transformer based,PJ.
Jeff- I think you probably cannot go wrong with an Atma-sphere product.  Ralph Karsten provides customer service that is unequalled.  Do your amps have balanced connections?  The Atma pre-amps only have balanced outputs.