Looking for good recordings of female vocals I have not yet tried...

Most of my listeing is female vocals and classic Jazz.  I have enjoyed current and older female singers.  I have most of Billie Holiday through current Diana Krall and Julia Fordham.  I enjoy good voices mainly acoustic.  It would be helpful if it is music I can sample online.  If the backing is mainly loud elctronic I would likely pass.  Thanks for your thoughts and experience. 

jusam

@jwei 

Currently I’m on Amazon music and unfortunately Taking a chance on love isn’t on it. That’s why I was asking, because I couldn’t find it.  Just looked again.☹️

My loss.

My nominations, in unranked order...

k.d. Lang - esp. album Shadowland which is more torch than twang

Shirley Bassey - esp. 1987 single with Yello "The Rhythm Divine"

Lisa Gerrard w/ Dead Can Dance and solo

Sheila Chandra - "Sacred Stones"

Amina Alaoui - "Amours ou Trop Tard Me Suis Pris"

Cesaria Evora

Eefje de Visser - always in Dutch

Snatam Kaur - "Mu Mantra Snatam Kaur"

Azam Ali

Beth Orton

Norah Jones

Rickie Lee Jones - of course

Sarah McLachlan - Dirty Little Secret

Samantha James - Rise 

Natania Davrath - Songs of the Auvergne (TAS superdisc)

Anything KD Lang sings that isn't country is great and to me she is the absolute best.

@frankmc195: Julianna Raye! I do believe you are the only other person I have ever heard mention her name. Her two albums are faves of mine, and are quite different from one another. Of the two I like the first---Something Peculiar, produced by Jeff Lynne---the most. I met her in L.A. about twenty years ago, and she was really sweet, absolutely delightful. Van Dyke Parks is also a fan of hers.