Looking for an Amp Replacement

I am in need of advice and direction on replacing my ML 23.5 amp. While replacing the power caps a cap on the output board was damaged and is no longer available. The most viable right now option is to start looking for a replacement amp and to complete repair down the road or scrap it... (was purchased used maybe 10 years ago)

It is for a second system that is mainly used for background and light listening to streamed/internet radio and the occasional CD and playback from NAS storage using JRiver.

Currently have pulled my Perreaux 3150 out of retirement and have been using that with acceptable results. Looking at a used amp for better bang for the buck return in the 150-200wpc and a budget of 2-3k+/-

Rest of system comprises of

ARC ls28, PSA DSD, Magnum Dynalab 801, Shahinian Acoustics Obelisk, Sony XA5400es CD  

I liked the sound I was able to get from this set up with the ML, but have a bad experience with a 333 in main system a while back and as such I do not have a lot of faith in their newer gear.

While not expecting someone to have identical components, would like to hear from tube/ss combos people as I am using this in three systems and really like the overall sound.

128x128stevea1298

The amplifier will work perfectly well with another brand of capacitor that has the same voltage rating and capacitance. I assume the cap you damaged is one of the Sprague silver cans. If the damaged cap is on the raised daughter board, it is close enough to the edge where you can get a soldering iron onto the leads from below and remove the cap. You can solder a new capacitor from the top to secure it and then heat from underneath to move it down to seat on the board, and then snip the leads. If the cap is the large 330uF silver can on the lower board and you can’t get to the pads from the top, the only way to get that replaced is by removing the board from the heat sink which means de-soldering all the output and driver transistors (that’s why it’s a $2,000 repair).

You will be hard pressed to find an equivalent amplifier because the 23,5 has excellent low impedance load driving. I would spend the budget in repairing the amplifier, but keep in mind it’s a 30 year-old beast that can have other issues (just like an old car with new tires). The biggest issue with this amp (and all other 30 year old high power amps) are the Rifa 4700pF EMF suppression capacitors -- which fail short when they age creating a fire hazard. Those are more critical to replace than power filter caps.

It is the Wima MKS4

0,47 160-16kHz, A

B9

It is located on the board with the output terminals for the speakers.

My EE guy said I could replace with equivilent (not sure if I buy that completely) but thought it would be better to do same on both channels. Have hunted for an exact match but no luck.

Audio Research https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649991404-audio-research-d300-stereo-amplifier/

Should pair well with your LS28 and not too expensive. 

From fresher and more expensive but easy to resell…

Parasound, McIntosh, Simaudio Moon 330A