Looking for amp $1000 or under

Can anyone suggest a amp for Focal Aria 926 Speakers, I'm using a PS Audio HCA-2 now but not completely satisfied with the sound stage ,it sounds good for acoustic music but with rock music the sound gets blended too much. there is no standout like the vocals get drowned out .
thanks Ron D.
pizzamn57
I Have a Marantz SR7010, Bluesound Node 2i, audio art speaker cables and audioquest RCA connectors. Can anyone recommend someone who can do the mod on the amp?
thanks,
Ron D
Ron are you using marantz as a preamp to your ps audio amp? If so that may be the problem. If so pre and hca2 don't match up impedance properly. If you can find a preamp within your budget first that is route I would go. Tube Preamps mates well with hca2. Maybe an old Conrad Johnson, Audible Illusion or something on the warm side with a full big sound. Sell hca 2 and get a hybrid tube 

I've got Focal Chorus 807V's and while they are 92 db, they really like some power.  I was running them with a high current 100 watt Muse 100 amp and it was very nice.  You can pick up a Muse 100 for $4-500.  For $1000 you can get a nice Threshold, Sonographe SA400, or PS Audio 200CX.
Ron, I think that is your problem. I did that long ago, my Preamp was in the shop being upgraded and ran an Integra receiver pre out to an the McCormack DNA and was unlistenable. Just weak and bland, no soundstage. If you have under $1000 to spend on new amp I would start with a new preamp. Are there any audio shops in your area that would let you home demo a preamp to confirm this may be your issue just for your piece of mind.