Looking for a tube preamp that has xlr outputs.

As the topic says looking for a new or used tube preamp that has xlr outputs to go to my vtv amplifier.  Will be looking for dac next for streaming music.  But back the preamp.  Price is under 2500.  Used is ok since you can often get more bang for the buck.  

What suggestions do people have?  I like to listen to everything from blues to assic

dlowman

Coincident 's new Pre has RCAs and XLRs/  Outstanding sound...but limited audio outputs.

I sent an email to Schiit audio and asked if the Freya+ was AES48 compliant, they replied yes. See Freya review Sidebar 3: Measurements here.😎

Mike

@ditusa I read the article you linked but it only mentions that the pin out of the XLR complies with the AES convention of pin 2 being non-inverting.

That's very different from supporting AES48. To do that, the balanced output has to float. That requires one of the three methods I mentioned earlier.

atmasphere Wrote:

That's very different from supporting AES48. To do that, the balanced output has to float. That requires one of the three methods I mentioned earlier.

I sent an email to Schiit audio and asked if the Freya+ was AES48 compliant, see answer from Schiit:

Hello Mike,

Yes it is. 

All the Best,

Tom E.

Schiit Tech

check on eBay! someone has a Balanced Audio Technology VK-3ix which sounds beautiful. Tube design and fully balanced (I owned that model for many years before upgrading to the VK-33SE)

OOPS just saw that you got a VAC. congratulations I'm sure it sounds good too