Looking for 50-100 watts of Tube Power (give or take) for my JBL 4349s

I’ve been looking at new and used 50-100 wpc power amps in the $5000 range to drive my JBL 4349s. I don’t have any experience in this price or power bracket when it comes to tubes, and could use some reccomendations.

Here are the amps I’ve been researching (the usual suspects I assume):

Rogue Stereo 100

Cary CAD-120s Mk2

Audio Research Reference 150SE

Audio Research VT80SE

Carver Crimson 275

Various vintage Corad Johnson amps

I’d love to hear why people would choose one of the amps from this list, or what else I should consider that isn’t on the list. I don’t have a preamp yet but will probably try a Benchmark la4 first.

For context, my main amp right now is a Torii Jr, but I also use the 4349s with a Muzishare X7 and a Denon PMA-1700NE. I love the Torii Jr and will continue to use it, but would occasionally like more power. The Muzishare is fine, but I want something of better quality.

My musical tastes are all over the place: rock, pop, jazz, world, electronic, classical. I listen to a lot of symphonic/orchestral music and would like more power to handle the dynamics, but prefer the soundstaging of tubes.

Thanks in advance for the recommendations!

rischa

All I can add is my mark levinson amp was markedly better than a VAC 160 amp with my 4367s. It was actually far better than any other amp I tried. 

@bluethinker, thanks for this! I’ve been looking at a lot of the 90s and early 2000s era CJ amps. I like that they have some high-power el34 based amps. It would allow me to justify expensive el34 quads since I’d be able to use them with both amps.

I’m probably leaning more toward the Audio Reseach sound, however.

A used Rogers High Fidelity integrated might show up close to your price range.  Class A, 112 watts.  

Many ways to go. Are you committed to separates? 

Better places to spend your HiFi $ than that.

The AR 50 INT should do the job. You mention

reliability to be important. Tubes do not equal reliability.

I use a Pass INT 25, rated to 65wpc, which sadly I must sell due to new speakers.

I use a ANK 4.1x DAC which has tubes.  

My Pass can be had for $4k. Not a scratch on it, more reliable than

anything on your list and only 4 years old.