Long headshell required

Greetings from Oz!

I have a turntable and arm combination where I need to use a longer headshell to fully optimize the alignment.  Most headshells are effectively 50mm as you are aware.  I would like 60mm or even a little more length.

Appreciate your suggestions

koala

What alignment algorithm? As in Baerwald, Lofgren, Stevenson, etc? Many of the older Japanese tonearms were designed for Stevenson.

Dear @koala  : The base of the EPA100 is a " normal " one, it's the MK2 version which is really huge.

If you are off by around 10mm tha's too much. Maybe you can use an external tonearm mounting tower but I think that will be good for you get advises about that at least show  your TT set-up with the epa-100 mounted or at least which TT you own and what tonearm was using with.

More information better advise you can get.

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,

R.

Thanks again for everyone's advice

Yes, it's a Mk 2.  The calibration disc does not show the algorithm unfortunately,

I will try mounting the arm again and see if I can achieve the correct P2S distance.  If not, it will be time to get a different arm

What calibration disc?  For example, I think Mint protractors adhere to Baerwald.  Or if its the OEM Technics protractor, it is probably Stevenson.

Dear @koala  : "  it will be time to get a different arm.." or a different TT because the MK2 probably is the best tonearm ever made it, but is up to you.

R.