Linn LP-12 compared to TW Acustic, SME, Nottingham

I am in the process of looking to move from my Linn LP-12 to another table. I found this link in another forum: http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?ranlg&1236291811&read&keyw&zztw=acustic but didn't find anything in the anolog forum section, so I was looking for some others who have compared the LP-12 to any of the the above tables.

Thank you.
dg_bond
Good post Stilskin, a very reasonable and honest, and fairly objective evaluation of the relative merits of the 2 decks.
Thank you Headsnappin, this is the reality of the Linn now a days including some other brands.

Though I would take a 45 year old refurbished Garrard 301 in a heart beat....
Everybody has a Linn and they are common.

But not many listen to their LP12 with a Lingo which it really needs to keep up with the more modern TT. Name me a modern TT that does not have an outboard PS? Not many.

The LP12 with the Lingo is very emotionally satisfying. VPI and Basis may have a heavier sound, but IMO can be pretty boring emotionally. The LP12 has a lively presentation that music should have.

I am thinking about the Keel at the moment which will make it really modern, with less of that filmsy feel that the standard sub-chassis has always been criticized for.

Obviously YMMV as usual.
Somewhere on the Analog Discussion site there is a long, long thread on the highly related issue of whether the LP12 can be compared with or can compete with the best of modern tts. Try the search engine. You have hours of reading ahead of you.
My LP-12 had the Lingo. Did it help the Linn? Yes. Did it give me everything I was looking for? No. The Linn compared to the TW Acustic AC-3 is like walking into a dark room and flipping the light switch - oh the details... On the AC-3 I get to hear the breathy musician at the mic, with violins I can hear the bow on the strings, with the high hat I can hear the drummers brush work. Breathtaking. Phenomenal. Musical. The AC-3 takes me places the Linn never did - and never could.