LINN LINTO NOISE

hi I have a  LINN LINTO  please i would like to know if the noise bump during shutdown is normal ? o is a defect....

thanks luigi

128x128luigilamarca

Raul, Good to know I could shut down my 3160 before amplifiers, but I will continue to do the normal routine; amplifiers first.  It's not a hardship.

I took a look at the Stereophile review of the Linto.  Apparently it has a switching power supply and a highly compact-ized audio section using SMDs and op amps.  It's a simple box construction, and the S'phile reviewer made no mention of a muting function.  Not much to go on.

it has a switching power supply and a highly compact-ized audio section using SMDs and op amps.  

Like anything Linn there are a multitude of versions and upgrades.

@luigilamarca 

Try here - make sure you advise them the serial number so they know which version you have.

helpline@linn.co.uk 

I think I can help. I've run a Linn Linto for 15 years and hear a light bump if I turn it off before the amp. It is certainly not a "thump" but there is an audible noise.

You have nothing to worry about.

As an aside, as I put the Linto back in my system to do the test, I remembered the beautiful and pretty music it makes. However, my heavily modded EAR834p brings lifelike voices and full instruments right into my room. The Linto is great but the EAR is to die for.

: 😀I received a reply from linn support.......

Dear Luigi

Thank you for your e-mail.

When powering off or on the Linto whilst the remainder of the hifi system is still powered on, it is normal to hear a slight ‘thump/noise bump’ sound through the loudspeakers. Provided that you do not hear a similar ‘thump/noise bump’ sound during normal operation whilst playing LP records, I do not believe there is any issue with your Linto.

Best regards

Richard

Customer Support

Linn Products Limited

Tel:     +44 (0) 141 303 5003

Fax:     +44 (0) 141 644 4262

Web:     www.linn.co.uk