LinLai WE 300B or the LinLai Global Elite Permaloy 300B tubes ?

I presently am using Sophia Electric 300B mesh-plates and find them to sound good in general.  I originally used the Sophia Royal Princess 300B's and really loved the sound, however in my experience, reliability was really poor and for the price, it wasn't any fun trying to get replacements.  I'm getting ready to order new 300B's however would like to know if any of you have had experience with their WE 300B or their flagship Elite Permaloy 300B.
Thanks... John
128x128liquidsound

Showing 5 responses by gsm18439

I would be curious if there is a complete list of available 300b tubes. The number is overwhelming when it comes to making a decision, and the number seems to grow every year. My top two are Takatsuki and KR balloons. Has anyone heard the AudioNote 4300e?
The 5 year warranty for the WE-300b is crazy. Not even the Japanese offer anything close. 
I have an Ancient Audio custom 300b SET. It uses two 300b and two ECC88. I tried BlackTreasure, Sophia Royal Princess, Takatsuki, and KR Globes - in that order - each representing an improvement in sound quality. I loved the Takatsuki (simply sublime), but experienced reliability issues; and unlike Charles' experience, I was less than happy with the company - especially considering the cost. The KR Globes kept most of the Takatsuki sound quality, but were more dynamic. I would love to try the AudioNote 4300e (made by Psvane, I believe) or the WE reissues, but otherwise plan to stay will the KR Globes. Most recently, I upgraded the ECC88 to Telefunken and was surprised by the improvement. 
@charles1dad 

I have had success dealing with Amtrans directly: audio@amtrans.co.jp

Gary
BTW. .  .back to the discussion about 300b tubes. . . Recognizing that there is some rebranding, I count 23 manufacturers of 300b tubes, each with as many as 4 different varieties.