LinLai WE 300B or the LinLai Global Elite Permaloy 300B tubes ?

I presently am using Sophia Electric 300B mesh-plates and find them to sound good in general.  I originally used the Sophia Royal Princess 300B's and really loved the sound, however in my experience, reliability was really poor and for the price, it wasn't any fun trying to get replacements.  I'm getting ready to order new 300B's however would like to know if any of you have had experience with their WE 300B or their flagship Elite Permaloy 300B.
Thanks... John
128x128liquidsound

Showing 11 responses by david_ten

@liquidsound  Congratulations!  Looking forward to your impressions and feedback.
@peterh_nz  Peter, can you share more about your Woo Audio WA5-LE headphone amplifier? Woo Audio in general? Which headphones are you driving? Thanks.

Copying the link below, should the Agon 300B aficionados want to comment. I'm evaluating headphone amps and your feedback will be valuable. Thanks.

@charles1dad  thoughts on the Mundorf caps upgrade? : ) 

https://wooaudio.com/amplifiers/wa5le
Thanks, Charles. Let's see where the journey for a headphone amp leads. Woo Audio (several options) is on the list. Viva Egoista 845 or 2A3 is as well.
@peterh_nz  Peter, thanks for the detailed response and the information you shared. Very helpful. 

I have Focal Utopias and the HiFiMan HE1000 and HE560. HeadAmp GSX-Mk2 for amplification. DanaCable leashes.
@liquidsound  Great to hear you have them in your system. Looking forward to your impressions and results. I was referring to the US WE-300B replicas (not the Linlai replicas).

@twoleftears  Thanks for sharing the information and the link. Very helpful!
@liquidsound  Thanks for the '250 hour' update on your LinLai Permaloy 300-B's!!! Looking forward to the 500 hour update.
@liquidsound  Here's to a speedy recovery. And as Charles pointed out, hopefully no long haul problems.