LinLai WE 300B or the LinLai Global Elite Permaloy 300B tubes ?

I presently am using Sophia Electric 300B mesh-plates and find them to sound good in general.  I originally used the Sophia Royal Princess 300B's and really loved the sound, however in my experience, reliability was really poor and for the price, it wasn't any fun trying to get replacements.  I'm getting ready to order new 300B's however would like to know if any of you have had experience with their WE 300B or their flagship Elite Permaloy 300B.
Thanks... John
128x128liquidsound

Showing 2 responses by antigrunge2

At the risk of further complicating the issue: while both Takatsuki and EAT comfortably beat my TJ Full Music meshplates, in my Wavac EC300b there is a strong effect dependent on the recifier tube used. While the EATs prefer to be driven by Tungsol KT66s, the Takatsukis love to be driven by the cryo version of Svetlana Winged Cs. I have experimented with a large range of other 6L6GCs such as JAN Philips 7581-as, Shuguang coke bottles, Tungsols et al but the above combinations win out. The EAT/KT66 combo has better dynamic range for the price of slightly harsher sound, the Takatsuki/Winged Cs major on resolution and timbre for the price of somewhat lesser ooomph. In the world of tubes, trial and error is indispensible