Linlai Elite vs Psvane Acme 845

Personal experience with the two tubes.  What is the difference between both tubes, which tube has better SQ and which tube do you recommend?  Thanks members!! 

128x128zipost

Showing 2 responses by blisshifi

I am unable to answer your question in full, but hopefully I can give you a response that is nonetheless valuable. I haven’t heard a comparison, but I’d be willing to bet the two are almost identical with some slight variations at best. Just as some of Shuguang’s best engineers branched off and formed Psvane, Psvane’s top engineers left and formed Linlai. That said, the quality control has since dropped from Psvane’s tube lines such that Grant Fidelity will no longer carry them.

I’ve never owned any Linlai tubes, and the Psvane ACME tubes I have owned (845 and 300B) never gave me any problems or were never short of spectacular. But if I were able to buy Linlai Elite at the same price, I’d probably find myself springing for those instead. 

@sns I think the Grant Fidelity change was a bit of both. There was some friction coming from Psvane, but in the fine print, some of the quality control issues emerge:

”FYI, in the past 12 months, Grant Fidelity have returned 161 tubes from the factory deliveries of Psvane tubes, EVEN AFTER the screening at the tube factory with our provided test equipment, and AFTER we paid a price premium for the screening and selection service. That is nearly every other day we have a failed defective tube from the supply of ‘screened’ Psvane tubes. In the past decade, we have returned thousands of defective tubes.)”

https://premiumvacuumtubes.com/for-immediate-news-release-grant-fidelity-will-discontinue-the-entire-psvane-line-as-of-8pm-mst-feb-7th-2021/