Line Source - to toe in or not?

Here's one I haven't seen before. If I've missed something please re-direct me 🙂.

I have the excellent Genesis G2Jr's. The reccomendation for these, and I understand most LS speakers, is to not toe them in. Assumimg the designers know what they're talking about, why is this the case? My question is seeking a technical answer, not a 'go and try it' answer 👍.

Cheers

chcmuzza

@bdp24 

Theonly way to inow what you are hearing is to measure.

Be tweets have, often, a combination of the best and worst traits.  While there are some really crappy AMT tweets, with terribl frequency response I have never seen any of them javesignificant stored energy

Danny Richie measures loudspeakers in the same way John Atkinson does. One reason Harry Pearson never earned the credibility possessed by J. Gordon Hold was that measurements were not part of TAS reviews. In fact, Pearson lacked the technical knowledge (and gear) required to do so.

If Pearson heard a hint of brightness in the sound of a loudspeaker, was that due to elevated frequency response in the 1kHz-2kHz range, driver ringing, distortion, or all three? Pearson hadn’t a clue. Neither do other purely-subjective reviewers. Measure and listen, as they say.