Line Magnetic 219ai plus + LM512 or LM 523PA + LM512

I have amp LM-508ia for 4 years and I am most satisfy with him.
I would like to upgrade my amp and maybe speakers
I have Spendor A4 speakers 86db sensitivity so LM-508ia with 2X48W is good match to it.

I am evaluating two options:

Option 1 – LM-523PA + LM-512

Option 2 – LM-219ia plus and lather on LM-512 – In this option I think I will have to find speakers with 90db sensitivity.

Option 2 is more easier to accomplish (because of the starting price) but I am a little concern that it will not be much more better than the 508 that I have with excellent tubes it sound lovely.

I really appreciate to receive your opinion which option will be most suited for the long run?
Which kind of speakers you recommend along with your recommend option.

Thank you

Dany

danyvaknin

I have a LM audio 216ia and Tekton Double Impact SE speakers which are very sensitive. The combo is clear and can be loud. I didn't know if I would like a lowered powered tube amp and 4 ohm speakers... but I really do. I would try the lower powered LM audio amp and sensitive speakers that can be driven with a lower watt amp. Just my two cents...

I had been happy with LM 508 for last 4 years.

Please note that I am using LM 508 to drive Main towers of Scaena 3.2 from 290 hz up using active crossover in above video.

I used to use LM 508 to drive Lanscne 4.1 or Altec A7.

I also consider upgrading to LM-523PA since latter use tube rectification with mono configuration for better focus.

If you do, please let me know your impression.

best

Thomas

Do you have heard about Line magnetic 512 preamp? Do you know someone that has it?

It seems that there is a lot of line magnetic integrated amp owners but not of their preamps. why is it?

I read in some places that the pre in mode in lm508ai is not bypass the internal preamp. is it right?