Legacy SE versus Vandersteen Quatros

Looking for input regarding the above---seeking advice based upon first hand knowledge of the pros or cons of the two speakers above mentioned----thanks for your time---

cheers.
bluesnbike1954

Showing 3 responses by zephyr24069

You definitely have that right! Huge soundstage in all 3 dimensions with complimentary equipment, cables and room too!
Doug/Sthomas: I always enjoy seeing your posts as they are objective and just try to help people out to enjoy music more.

Let's face it, there are alot of good speakers on the planet; the Vandy line being among them. I've only had limited listening experience with some of them and the Quatros however they are all very good in so many ways and well suited to various types of music. There are other great speakers as well costing the same as the Legacy line members, the Vandys and on up the scale. Everyone will find speakers that they like and that they are passionate about.

To talk about 'growing up' and then throwing in experiential backing info based upon only the Focus 20/20 model (which you used to be extremely passionate about Chad!) leaves a big gap. The things that are stated as being done well by only the Quatro are areas in which the Focus HD made huge strides and the Focus SEs went further towards perfection (IMHO). The latter Focus models are a whole new ballgame; the SEs are alot more than 5-10% better than the 20/20s(again IMHO). I've owned the 20s, the HDs and now the SEs. They defy description at their price point with good gear driving them. They, like the Quatros (and I've heard Zu and some others) give fantastic ROI in this over-priced audiophile speaker market.

I have grown up,...I run the Legacy Focus SEs at a fraction of the price of all the higher-end speakers I auditioned and am very glad to hear of everyone who loves their speakers, whatever they are! Personally, I love to listen to great music with total immersion in the experience. The Focus SEs give me that and more!
The imaging on the 20/20s was good however they did not totally disapper nor was the imaging super precise in any way. The new drivers, crossover and cabinet designs of the HD and more so, the SEs have taken the Focus imaging to where it needs to be (IMHO) in so many ways. When you couple the way the SE simply disappears together with its imaging accuracy, dynamic and total range and musicality, you get one hell of a speaker.