LCD-2 from 2011

I own an Audeze LCD-2 from 2011. I think it's revision 2. It's pre-fazor. Anyway I get a bit of glare and peakiness in the treble. I've seen an FR curve for this headphone and it does have a prominent 4K peak. Does anyone experience this? 

What if I got a newer Audeze headphone? Does anyone think they are smoother? I've heard the LCD-X but it was way back. I've also heard fazor LCD-2's but liked mine better.

I have a premium cable with the connectors Audeze used in 2011... I think it's a min-XLR with 4 pins. Does Audeze still use that connector?

magon

What amp are you using? I'm using a Woo WA22 tube amp with my fazor LCD2s and don't have any glare.

I had a Burson Soloist solid state, but much prefer a tube amp with all my headphones.

I'm using a custom 12AU7/FET zero feedback amp designed by a brilliant designer/technician I work with frequently. I discovered that my tube selection, an RCA Clear Top, may have had something to do with it. It's smoother with a French military Radio Technique I got from Upscale Audio.