LAIV Harmony

New company with a new product.  There are several "professional" reviews out there, but not much consumer input here or elsewhere.  Those that have been using now for over a month, what are your thoughts?  What were you using previously and how does it compare?

audiostick

My Laiv came today.  I can't listen to it because the area I'm in is out of wifi service probably until tomorrow night.  Bummer.  

I ordered mine about three weeks ago and see that it will be delivered to me today. It will compared to my Aqua La Voce S3.  I am excited to get a shiny new toy. 

After a bunch of system troubleshooting and tweaks (unrelated to the Laiv Harmony itself), I feel the Harmony sounds absolutely fantastic and is an excellent value at its price.

In case anyone is curious, I'm running DH Labs' Revelations (XLR) with Analysis Plus' Pure Silver USB cable direct to PC with fantastic results.  I did test DSD512 in JRiver, but preferred the sound of PCM from Amazon Music (with Windows sound settings maxed and OS enabled).  I also noticed a pretty big difference with the Harmony connected to my Furman's balanced outlets rather than not.  In regards to OS/NOS, the only difference to me was a very small difference in OS giving a tiny bit more extension to highs.

After about 50 hours in, my take is that aside from being very balanced, it's transparent and able to present layers and dimensional space very well.  I'm noticing some subtle details that weren't apparent with delta sigma DACs (or perhaps hidden behind a bright edge).  I still stand behind what I mentioned earlier that I don't think it'll necessarily transform someone's system into something it's not, but it will allow it to shine if everything is sorted.  It took me about a week to really dial in everything, but was worth it.

Favorite current demo tracks:

• Bombo Drum by Demfire Creation on Tribal Drums album - (excellent demo of timbre and space)
  • Settle by Vera Blue on Fingertips album - (3D presentation)
  • Smile (Acoustic) by Gorgon City [featuring Elderbrook] on Smile (Acoustic) album - (layering)