LAIV Harmony

New company with a new product.  There are several "professional" reviews out there, but not much consumer input here or elsewhere.  Those that have been using now for over a month, what are your thoughts?  What were you using previously and how does it compare?

audiostick

@solarjam Great feedback, thanks.  I assume your friend's unit has over 100 hours on it by now?

I'm at the point where I don't know what I want.  Row 5 or row 30? More attack or less?  Wider or narrower soundstage? Ugh.  I guess I will know what I like when I hear it.

Let us know if yours sounds any different from your friends when it arrives, and what the current lead time is.  Thanks.

Will do audiostick . It did have well over 100 hours on it . I have been emailing Weng on and off for the past couple of weeks disguising the Dac , its sound , and my time spent with it. Here and at my friends house . Got an email from him this morning saying that mine will probably go out in the next day or two . He would send me tracking when it does. I placed my order around the first week or so of June . The reviews on it are quite amazing . I am sure you have checked it out .

Overall--- I was quite impressed with it . There is supposed to be a break in time .

So I will have to deal with that . But I will post my impressions as I go along .

Take care

Friends @ Audiogon,

We’re working really hard to fulfill all backorders, making sure every little detail is perfect. The lead time is now shorter, and we’ll have enough stock for everyone in the near future.

Good news? I bet 😃

I received mine yesterday and have been breaking it in with SPDIF output from an old Yamaha CD player set on continuous repeat play.  Listening to it tonight connected to my TEAC 701T transport after about 30 hours of burn in, it sounds very "natural" and "present".  In my totally untreated listening room with lots of egregious audiophile violations, the soundstage appears a little more forward, and a bit deeper and wider than what I am used to.    Localization seems better, too.  And the Harmony finds lots of detail in the stuff I have listened to so far.  Recordings of acoustic instruments sound particularly good, and overall the Harmony performs much better than either my RME DAC or my trusty old Ayre CX7eMP.  This thing makes me smile, and I am glad that I bought it.  More later after 100 hours. 

smweber2 Glad to here you have received your Harmony . Mine was shipped a couple of days ago but because of the weekend i won't get it till Monday .

I will be posting info as I go along with my listening sessions also .

Congratulations !