Klipsch speaker choices

Hello,
First post here but long time 2 channel guy. 

I currently have a system with Klipsch RF3 speakers and a crossover with stereo subs.  Sound is good but I think the highs and mids are still a bit edgy.  Bought a Schiit Aegir with passive preamp and see vast improvement.  All my interconnects and speaker wire have also been upgraded. I just listened to the RF7 iii but very briefly.  Initial impression is it was more laid back but I am wondering how that speaker sounds vs the Heritage box speakers.  I will probably listen to the Heresy 4 first but wondering if there is a difference in sound between the tower and the box speakers. 

I also have read about the Tekton speakers but am hesitant since I can't listen to them.  It is all over the place opinion wise about the Tektons.  The Klipsch Heresy are within driving distance for an audition.  They will have several models to listen to if I talk myself into going further up the cost ladder.  Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. 
128x128daledeee1
I strongly agree with Oside. I too have a pair of Chorus II with Bob Crites upgraded caps in my den and they probably get the most use. While my sound/theater room has 4 Khorns with a "Cornscala" center and 4 Heresy surrounds.

You would do well to audition the Heresys. They will give you a good idea of the top end as all Klipsch heritage use the same/similar tweets(there are different diaphragm materials and different horn materials used). The Heresys are hard to beat matched with a good sub but..... the mids are best in the LaScalas, Belles, and KHorns.

For those unfamiliar the "Cornscala" is a DIY build using La Scala/Khorn mids and tweets and a Cornwall Bass section providing the best of both worlds. Step by step directions can be Googled easily. While some have gone off on tangents and substituted other brands pieces parts, the true Cornscalas have all OEM Klipsch parts save the Bob Crites superb crossovers specifically designed for the "Cornscala" build.

A table saw, biscuit cutter and a bit of forum/Ebay shopping can net you an amazing pair of speakers. Bob Crites also offers Klipsch cane grille material to finish your build.

While I love my Khorns they do not quite have the bass the "Cornscalas" have. And the Cornscalas don’t require being wedged into an unobstructed corner to function properly.

Klipsch is always upgrading their horns so purchasing a set of big mid horns is not as hard as it seems. They want you to upgrade you horns. All you need is a set of serial numbers for Khorns or LaScalas to purchase a brand new pair of their latest and greatest mid horns. There are metal. plastic and composite horns to my knowledge out there. They all sound amazing!

Especially if you like it loud....cuz Klipsch are not just speakers. They are LOUD SPEAKERS!
I still stand by the excellent mids in my Heresy IIIs along with everything else I said...and really helomach, you're lookin' kinda creepy at this point...if you refuse to respond respectfully please refrain from responding at all.
Do you consider mrd's responses respectful? He called my speakers "overpriced" even though he had only heard them at a show. I have heard Klipsch speakers at shows, at dealers and in homes.